Tuesday 9 October 2018

My comment on question 2 for Connected but Alone

Over the past two years, cell phones have become a problem in certain events, with many musical artists and comedians banning fans from using cell phones whenever they host an event. This has led to certain artists wanting a phone-free show, which results in the venue issuing Yondr pouches for cell phones. In addition, the venue would also issue a warning saying "Anyone caught with a cell phone in the venue will be immediately ejected."

3 comments:

  1. This is a very cool take on this subject, Robert! I find myself going to events and shows wanting to take videos and pictures the whole time instead of actually experiencing the show in the moment. I always end up having a better time if I put my phone down and experience the event for myself instead of filming it to share with everyone that isn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really good points Robert. I think it's pretty unfortunate that so many people go to a performance and end up missing half it because they are paying so much attention to their phone. Sometimes it's necessary, because there is nothing worse than loosing your group at a packed event, but that should be the only reason for using your phone in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

2019 is going to be big. Another artist is getting a biopic film based on the person, and that person is Elton John. The film is called Rock...